Sunday, January 6, 2013

School Desk Box

So I have this shelf. I'm not sure were I got it, but I've had it awhile. I always wanted to do something with my miniature with it. I didn't want to just sit them on the shelves and making a glass door for the whole thing would have been too expensive. Then the other day when I was making Angela's Birthday Box I got the idea to make boxes for each of the cubbies.


The first thing I thought of was the school desk and the box I wanted to make for it. So here is the School Desk Box.


Sorry about the glare, you know cameras, flashes, shiny stuff they just don't mix.

Here are some different angles of the box.


Just a few details about the box. I made the chalk board with mat board, black construction paper and flat tooth picks. I used a gel pin to write on the board and sanded down a round tooth pick and painted it white for the chalk. 

The bulletin board is made from mat board, dollhouse wood trim, construction paper, and small foam letters. 

On the other wall I printed out a multiplications table chart as a poster. 

On top of the desk is a pencil (I used the leftover bit from the straight pins and painted it orange except for the tips), notebook paper and a spelling book. Inside the desk are 3 folders and a math book. The books I made over a year ago and I just picked out 3 different ones and covered them. I covered the books with brown paper from a lunch bag. This is a lighter paper than from a grocery bag and works better for this scale. I also made a lunch bag from the same paper.

I carved David (my husband) and my initials in the desk top.
And here is the box in my shelf.


Thank you,
Alicia





No comments:

Post a Comment